Amanda Plummer Joins 'Hunger Games' Sequel Catching Fire'
The "Pulp Fiction" actress is among the latest tributes cast for the adaptation of Suzanne Collins' second book.
The Hunger Games has found another tribute.
Lionsgate announced Tuesday that actress Amanda Plummer is set to join sequel Catching Fire as Wiress. A female tribute from District 3, forced to compete in the Hunger Games again during the Quarter Quell, Wiress' eccentricity and silence prompts her fellow competitors to nickname her "Nuts." Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence), however, recognizes her value as an ally.
Plummer, best known for roles in Pulp Fiction and The Fisher King, is a Emmy and Tony winner.
She joins previously announced cast member Philip Seymour Hoffman, on board to play Plutarch Heavensbee. Jena Malone has also been offered the key role of Johanna Mason, another returning tribute.
Francis Lawrence is set to direct Catching Fire, with a September start date eyed for the filming. Lionsgate has scheduled the film for a Nov. 22, 2013, release.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neon Hitch's New Single 'Yard Sale' - Listen Now! (Exclusive Premiere)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Steps Out in East Hampton for 'Hector and the Search for Happiness' Screening!
- Bradley Cooper & Sienna Miller Begin Filming Their Second Movie Together, 'Adam Jones'!
- Sam Heughan & Caitriona Balfe Are Picture Perfect at 'Outlander' Screening