Amanda Seyfried in Talks to Join Seth MacFarlane's 'Million Ways to Die' (Exclusive)
The actress will also join Charlize Theron in the comedy Western being directed by the "Ted" filmmaker.
Amanda Seyfried is in negotiations to join the cast of Seth MacFarlane’s A Million Ways to Die in the West, the filmmaker's follow-up feature to his hit Ted.
If a deal is made, Seyfried will join Charlize Theron and MacFarlane, who is starring in, directing and co-writing the Western comedy with modern sensibilities.
MRC is behind the movie, and Scott Stuber is producing with MacFarlane.
Million Ways follows a sheepish farmer who chickens out of a gunfight and sees his girlfriend leave him. When he meets a notorious outlaw’s wife (Theron) who offers to teach him how to shoot, the farmer sees a chance to win back his love.
Seyfried would play the deserting girlfriend.
A May production start is being eyed.
Seyfried is coming off playing Cosette in Universal and Working Title’s Oscar-nominated adaptation of Les Miserables. She also has the much-buzzed-about Linda Lovelace biopic, Lovelace, awaiting release. The movie premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Seyfried is repped by Innovative and Frankfurt Kurnit.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR