Amanda Seyfried in Talks to Join Seth MacFarlane's 'Million Ways to Die' (Exclusive)
The actress will also join Charlize Theron in the comedy Western being directed by the "Ted" filmmaker.
Amanda Seyfried is in negotiations to join the cast of Seth MacFarlane’s A Million Ways to Die in the West, the filmmaker's follow-up feature to his hit Ted.
If a deal is made, Seyfried will join Charlize Theron and MacFarlane, who is starring in, directing and co-writing the Western comedy with modern sensibilities.
MRC is behind the movie, and Scott Stuber is producing with MacFarlane.
Million Ways follows a sheepish farmer who chickens out of a gunfight and sees his girlfriend leave him. When he meets a notorious outlaw’s wife (Theron) who offers to teach him how to shoot, the farmer sees a chance to win back his love.
Seyfried would play the deserting girlfriend.
A May production start is being eyed.
Seyfried is coming off playing Cosette in Universal and Working Title’s Oscar-nominated adaptation of Les Miserables. She also has the much-buzzed-about Linda Lovelace biopic, Lovelace, awaiting release. The movie premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Seyfried is repped by Innovative and Frankfurt Kurnit.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- A Labor Day Documentary: 'Brothers on the Line' Tells the Story of the Reuther Brothers -- Founding Fathers of the American Middle Class
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding
- Lance Bass Proposes to Fiance Michael Turchin For a Second Time - See His New Ring!
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Are Married!