'Amazing Spider-Man 2': First Look at Paul Giamatti as The Rhino (Photo)
"Say hello to Aleksei Sytsevich," tweets the comic book film's director, Marc Webb, on Saturday.
Spider-Man fans, meet The Rhino. He looks angry.
On Saturday, Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb offered a look at Paul Giamatti as the villain in the comic book sequel. Giamatti appears to be driving a vehicle of some kind, no doubt for nefarious purposes.
"Say hello to Aleksei Sytsevich," wrote Webb on Twitter, in reference to The Rhino's non-super-villain comic book name.
As THR noted when Paul Giamatti was in talks in January to join the cast of the Sony sequel, the character of The Rhino debuted in the Spider-Man comics in 1966 as a thug from a Soviet-era bloc country.
The Amazing Spider-Man, the fourth Sony film adaptation of the Marvel comics hero, grossed over $260 million in U.S. theaters during its 2012 run.
Spider-Man 2 has set a 2014 release date.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport