'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Trailer: Electro Shocks New York (Video)
Andrew Garfield's wallcrawler also discovers the truth about what OsCorp was using his father's research for.
Spidey is back with new foes to face in the first trailer for Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
The sequel sees the return of Andrew Garfield (Peter Parker/Spider-Man) and Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy), and welcomes series newcomers Jamie Foxx as the villain Electro and Dane DeHaan as Peter's friend, Harry Osborn. Also in the mix are Paul Giamatti (Rhino) and Chris Cooper (Norman Osborn).
The trailer for the Marc Webb-directed film opens with Garfield's character saying in a voiceover, "Every day I wake up knowing that the more people I try to save, the more enemies I will make and it's just a matter of time until I face those with more power than I can overcome."
He quickly discovers he's under surveillance by Osborn's OsCorp and later finds a video in which his father says that he discovered what OsCorp was going to use his research for. "I have a responsibility to protect the world from what I know they're capable of," Richard Parker says in the video.
Viewers then get an extended look at Foxx's Electro sending jolts of electricity through New York City as he voiceovers, "Soon everyone in this city will know how it feels to live in a world without power, without mercy, without Spider-Man."
The clip ends with Spider-Man spinning through Electro's shockwaves.
Viewers are also treated to plenty of menacing shots of Osborn.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters May 2, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!