'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Trailer Gets Explained by Stars, Director
Marc Webb, Andrew Garfield and other stars of next summer's superhero movie offer a little insight into the newly released trailer.
If you're feeling as if you need some help getting everything you can from yesterday's first trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, don't worry -- director Marc Webb and stars from the movie, including Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone -- are here to tell you everything you need to know and then some.
"One of the tricky things is translating characters from the comics that work as illustrations into a three dimensional reality on a New York street, and often things that work quite well as a drawing don't make sense in the physical world," Webb said while explaining the overhaul of characters like the Rhino and Green Goblin for the second installment of Sony's current incarnation of Marvel's web-headed superhero (He also admitted that Rhino's cybernetic costume is "only teased in the movie, it's not a big part of the film").
Elsewhere in the video, from Total Film magazine, Stone talks about returning to the role of Gwen Stacy, Garfield talks about the desire to jump off of very tall buildings and Dane DeHaan explains the whereabouts Harry Osborn during the first Amazing Spider-Man. Oh, and Webb might hint at the upcoming unfortunate fate of the movie Gwen, as well.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be released on May 2, 2014. If you want to know a little bit more about the movie before then, watch the video below.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010