THR's Red Carpet Pop Quiz: 'Amazing Spider-Man' Cast Reveals Its Superpower Wishlist (Video)
Sally Field, who plays May Parker in Sony's reboot, says she would want "to go around and give massive intelligence to all the politicians all over the world, starting right here in this country."
Everyone knows that Peter Parker gains his superpowers after he’s bitten by a radioactive spider.
So, The Hollywood Reporter got to wondering what superpowers other stars would want if they could get them -- by being bit by a radioactive animal.
At the red carpet premiere for The Amazing Spider-Man, THR asked the stars of the film and other fans of the iconic superhero what radioactive animal they’d want to be bit by and what superpower they would gain from it.
“It would be one of the ants that are in my pants,” said Sally Field, who plays Peter Parker’s aunt May Parker.
Her superpower would be “to go around and give massive intelligence to all the politicians all over the world, starting right here in this country,” Fields said.
American Idol winner Phillip Phillips would go for a bite from a monkey, but not just any monkey -- a spider monkey.
And his superpower? “Maybe have a really long tail, just to hang off stuff,” he told THR.
Fellow Idol alum Colton Dixon said that even though he’s afraid of heights, he’d love to be able to fly.
The Amazing Spider-Man producer Matt Tolmach said, “I don’t know who would have to bite me for this, maybe it’s a spider, maybe it’s like a cheetah, because I would want to be the fastest bike rider in the world and win the Tour de France.”
“I love black panthers. They’re never caught on camera,” says Chris Zylka, who plays jock Flash Thompson in the film. And his superpower? “To become a panther whenever I want.”
As for Max Charles, who plays the young Peter Parker, he would stick with the classics, and be bit by a spider.
“Crawling up buildings and stuff, I would be happy,” he said.
The Amazing Spider-Man, which opened in theaters July 3, follows teenage Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) as he tries to find out more about his parents’ disappearance while also dealing with his first high school crush. Emma Stone plays Gwen Stacy, and Rhys Ifans plays Dr. Curt Connors, a brilliant biomedical scientist who will stop at nothing to find a cure for his missing arm.
Watch THR’s red carpet pop quiz above.
Email: Rebecca.email@example.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- Check Out the Real-Life Better Call Saul Billboard
- Everything We Know About the Production of Game of Thrones Season 5
- The Real Housewives of New York City Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Drescher Threw Her Leg