'The Amazing Spider-Man' First Clip Hits Web (Video)
A rough around the edges Peter Parker shown from the July 3 reboot.
A week-and-a-half after the second trailer for the The Amazing Spider-Man hit the web, the first clip from the Marc Webb-directed reboot has arrived.
The brief scene shows Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) attempting to visit romantic interest Gwen Stacy in her family’s New York apartment. But the doorman won’t let Peter in without taking a look inside his bag.
Perhaps the doorman is merely doing his due diligence to protect Gwen’s father, a police captain, or perhaps he’s just being a jerk. Either way, Peter isn’t keen on opening the bag and revealing his Spidey costume.
Though YouTube commenters have complained the clip is a bit dull, Peter’s unease with this authority figure reaffirms speculation that this Peter is more rough around the edges than in the Sam Raimi films.
It also shows that though J. Jonah Jameson, Peter’s Spider-Man hating boss, won’t be appearing in the reboot, there will still likely be plenty of people giving Peter a hard time.
The Amazing Spider-Man is set to open on conventional and 3D screens July 3.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)