New 'Amazing Spider-Man' Teaser Poster Debuts (Photo)
The Andrew Garfield-Emma Stone movie hits theaters July 3, 2012.
A lot of geek talk this week has been about The Dark Knight Rises footage. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows had its premiere, grabbing some spotlight and getting Robert Downey Jr. talking about The Avengers and Iron Man 3.
So some of us have forgotten that other superhero movies are coming out. Like The Amazing Spider-Man, starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Well, Columbia is here to remind us and yesterday quietly slid out a new teaser poster for the movie, which opens July 3, 2012.
The poster, which debuted on Superhero Hype, is simple but effective, but more importantly, is consistent with comics iconography of having shadows reveal the true soul or identity or whatever the artists wants of a character. It's an effect used from Batman comics to Spider-Man comics and it's used here to show that the man crawling up the stone wall is ... Spider-Man.
And it also makes a point to stand apart from the Sam Raimi-directed movies, whose posters slickly had the Arach-Knight stuck or perched to a glass skyscraper.
Check it out ...
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!