New 'Amazing Spider-Man' Teaser Poster Debuts (Photo)
The Andrew Garfield-Emma Stone movie hits theaters July 3, 2012.
A lot of geek talk this week has been about The Dark Knight Rises footage. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows had its premiere, grabbing some spotlight and getting Robert Downey Jr. talking about The Avengers and Iron Man 3.
So some of us have forgotten that other superhero movies are coming out. Like The Amazing Spider-Man, starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Well, Columbia is here to remind us and yesterday quietly slid out a new teaser poster for the movie, which opens July 3, 2012.
The poster, which debuted on Superhero Hype, is simple but effective, but more importantly, is consistent with comics iconography of having shadows reveal the true soul or identity or whatever the artists wants of a character. It's an effect used from Batman comics to Spider-Man comics and it's used here to show that the man crawling up the stone wall is ... Spider-Man.
And it also makes a point to stand apart from the Sam Raimi-directed movies, whose posters slickly had the Arach-Knight stuck or perched to a glass skyscraper.
Check it out ...
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)