'Amazing Spider-Man' Video Game Trailer Reveals 'Sense of Vertigo' (Video)
Web-slinging will give players a strong feeling of "velocity and speed" said Brent Nicholas, executive producer of the upcoming Activision release.
If July 3 is too long for a wait to see The Amazing Spider-Man in action, the new Activision video game featuring Marvel’s wall-crawler hits stores a few weeks before the Columbia Pictures reboot graces theaters.
The new trailer gives a look at the game play, which allows Spider-Man to cling to any 3-D surface track down crime using a police scanner on his cellphone.
“We’ve pulled the camera much closer to Spidey,” the game’s Executive Producer, Brent Nicholas, says in the trailer. “It actually gives you a much stronger sense of velocity and speed. And more than anything else, you get a sense of vertigo as you're leaping from the top of a sky scraper all the way down to the levels closer to the street.”
It’s the first Spidey game since 2010’s Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time, and as previously reported, it features the superhero's co-creator Stan Lee as a playable character, and sees Spider-Man swinging through a fully rendered Manhattan.
The Amazing Spider-Man hits stores June 26 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Nintendo platforms.
Watch the video below.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!