'American Horror Story's' Lily Rabe to Star in Jason Blum's 'The Veil' (Exclusive)
Jessica Alba and Thomas Jane are already on board the microbudget horror movie.
Lily Rabe, best known for co-starring in American Horror Story, has signed on to topline in The Veil, the Blumhouse thriller being directed by Phil Joanou.
Thomas Jane and Jessica Alba are already on board the microbudget horror movie, which will be distributed by Universal.
Veil's story revolves around members of a religious cult known as Heaven's Veil who take their own lives. The truth behind what really happened remains buried deep in the memory of the sole survivor, a 5-year-old girl, who returns to the compound with a documentary crew as an adult. They soon discover something that is far more terrifying than anything they could have imagined.
Rabe will play the adult survivor opposite Alba’s doc filmmaker. (Jane’s role is undisclosed.)
Robert Ben Garant, a co-writer on the Night of the Museum movies who also wrote Jessabelle for Blum, penned Veil.
Rabe is one of those actresses who is hotly sought after in pilot season and is starting to make waves into features. She will play Commander Lyme in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and 2 and just wrapped Pawn Sacrifice, the Ed Zwick drama about chess wizard Bobby Fischer that stars Tobey Maguire.
She is repped by ICM Partners, Framework Entertainment and Schreck Rose.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR