Anchor Bay Films Takes 'Bait' in 3D
The Australian action-horror film follows shoppers trapped by a tsunami in an underground supermarket attacked by great white sharks.
Anchor Bay Films has acquired North American rights to the Australian 3D action-horror film Bait.
Xavier Samuel, Sharni Vinson, Adrian Pang, Qi Yuwu, Phoebe Tonkin, Dan Wyllie and Julian McMahon star in the story of shoppers in an underground supermarket who become trapped with a human killer and a bunch of great white sharks after a tsunami hits. Gary Hamilton, Todd Fellman and Peter Barber produced the Arclight Films horror show.
“Bait in 3D is the ultimate shark thrill ride that will make you think twice about getting back in the water,” said Anchor Bay executive vp acquisitions and co-productions Kevin Kasha.
Anchor Bay execs Kasha, Josh Thomashow and Marc Barson negotiated the deal with Gary Hamilton, Chris Perry and Mike Gabrawy on behalf of Arclight.
Anchor Bay has recently released Seeking Justice, City Island, Solitary Man, Kill the Irishman, Beautiful Boy and Corman's World. Its Touchback opens April 13.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro