Anchor Bay Films Takes 'Bait' in 3D
The Australian action-horror film follows shoppers trapped by a tsunami in an underground supermarket attacked by great white sharks.
Anchor Bay Films has acquired North American rights to the Australian 3D action-horror film Bait.
Xavier Samuel, Sharni Vinson, Adrian Pang, Qi Yuwu, Phoebe Tonkin, Dan Wyllie and Julian McMahon star in the story of shoppers in an underground supermarket who become trapped with a human killer and a bunch of great white sharks after a tsunami hits. Gary Hamilton, Todd Fellman and Peter Barber produced the Arclight Films horror show.
“Bait in 3D is the ultimate shark thrill ride that will make you think twice about getting back in the water,” said Anchor Bay executive vp acquisitions and co-productions Kevin Kasha.
Anchor Bay execs Kasha, Josh Thomashow and Marc Barson negotiated the deal with Gary Hamilton, Chris Perry and Mike Gabrawy on behalf of Arclight.
Anchor Bay has recently released Seeking Justice, City Island, Solitary Man, Kill the Irishman, Beautiful Boy and Corman's World. Its Touchback opens April 13.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game