Anchor Bay Picks Up Michael Biehn's Directorial Debut 'The Victim'
The "Aliens" actor also co-wrote and stars in the thriller.
Anchor Bay has picked up the North American rights to The Victim, a suspense thriller starring Aliens and Terminator actor Michael Biehn. Biehn also wrote the script and made his directorial debut with this pic.
The story sees a woman’s life put in jeopardy when she witnesses a violent act by two deputies. When feeling her pursuers, she stumbles across a recluse (Biehn) living in the woods, upending his solitary life.
Jennifer Blanc-Biehn, Danielle Harris, Ryan Honey, and Denny Kirkwood make up the main cast of what is being described as a grindhouse picture.
No release details were given but a theatrical run is being planned as is a college tour.
Victim was executive produced by Brock Morse, Morgan Johnson and Ryan Honey and produced by Blanc-Biehn, Lorna Paul and Travis Romero. Preferred Content repped the film.
Victim is the third Biehn film being released by Anchor Bay. The company is opening post-apocalyptic thriller The Divide on January 13 and last year featured the actor in its horror movie Bereavement.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama