Anchor Bay Picks Up Zombie Horror Movie 'The Dead 2: India' (Exclusive)
Howard J. Ford and Jon Ford wrote and directed the new installment of the globe-trotting movie series.
Anchor Bay Films has picked up The Dead 2: India, Howard J. Ford and Jon Ford’s follow-up to their 2010 zombie horror film The Dead.
The company has acquired the theatrical, home entertainment, digital and VOD rights for the U.S. and Canada.
The first movie, also released by Anchor Bay, was the first horror film entirely filmed in Africa. The new one, as the title suggests, moves one continent over and stars Joseph Millson (Casino Royale).
The story is set in motion when a ship from Somalia docks in India and an infected worker enters the overpopulated country. An American engineer (Millson) has to travel 300 miles across the Rajasthan, known as The Land of the Kings, to save his love, who is pregnant and afraid as Mumbai descends into chaos.
“We felt (Anchor Bay) did an amazing job which resulted in the film becoming a top selling title in 2012. With The Dead 2: India, Anchor Bay was the natural choice for us,” said executive producer Amir Moallemi.
The movie, which was shot entirely in India, will be released this fall.
The Dead 2: India was produced by Latitude Films in association with Road Trip Pictures.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro