Anchor Bay Sets Release Dates for 'Possession of Michael King' (Exclusive)
David Jung directed the movie, which was made by the company behind "White Noise" and "The Haunting In Connecticut."
Anchor Bay Films has set release dates for its supernatural horror film The Possession of Michael King.
The company plans to have the movie in theaters Aug. 22 in limited release and available on iTunes, On Demand, DVD and Blu-ray on Aug. 26.
Gold Circle, which made supernatural thrillers White Noise and The Haunting in Connecticut, is behind the horror film, which was directed by first-time helmer David Jung.
The movie tells of a documentary filmmaker who does not believe in God or the Devil. When his wife dies, he sets out to make his next movie on religion and spirituality, hoping to prove those things are just myth. But in allowing demonologists, necromancers and various practitioners of the occult to try the deepest, darkest spells and rituals on him, he unleashes a horrifying force.
Shane Johnson (Starz’s upcoming Power), Dale Dickey (Iron Man 3), Julie McNiven (TV’s Supernatural) and Tomas Arana (Guardians of the Galaxy) make up the cast.
The movie was produced by Paul Brooks and executive produced by Scott Niemeyer and Guy Danella. The screenplay was written by Jung with a story by Jung and Tedi Sarafian.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag