Andrew Garfield's Comic-Con Speech: 'Spider-Man Saved My Life' (Video)
The actor surprised fans with a heartwarming speech during the "Amazing Spider-Man" panel in Hall H.
One of the biggest stories out of Comic-Con was the Amazing Spider-Man panel, which not only delivered great footage but began with an impassioned speech from star Andrew Garfield regarding why the character is so important to him.
“I think this might be the most incredible day of my life,” Garfield began from the audience, dressed head-to-toe in a Spider-Man costume. “I’ve always wanted to be at Comic-Con in Hall H as Spider-Man with all of you guys. This has always been a dream of mine.”
After revealing his identity by removing the headpiece, Garfield continued.
“Stan Lee says that the reason why Spidey is so popular is because all of us can relate to him and I agree,” he said. “I needed Spidey in my life when I was a kid and he gave me hope. In every comic I read, he was living out mine and every skinny boy’s fantasy of being stronger, of being free of the body I was born into, and that swinging sensation of flight. And upon receiving his power, unlike most who become corrupted, he used it for good.”
That speech has now made its way to online. Check it out...
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR