Angela Bassett Joins White House Thriller 'Olympus Has Fallen'
The actress will star opposite Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart in Antoine Fuqua's action film.
Angela Bassett is joining the cast of Olympus Has Fallen, Nu Image/Millennium’s White House-set action thriller starring Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart.
Antoine Fuqua is directing the movie, which is competing with Sony’s White House Down for Die Hard-like movie set in the White House.
Butler is an unlikely Secret Service agent trying to stop Korean terrorists who have taken over the White House. Eckhart is playing the president.
Bassett will play the Secret Service director.
The script is by first-time scribes Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt. Mark Gil, Gerard Butler and Alan Siegel are producing.
Basset is readying to direct an adaptation of the Percival Everett novel Erasure with TD Jakes Entertainment producing.
She is repped by the Gersh, Lighthouse Entertainment and Fox Rothschild.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress