Angela Bassett Joins White House Thriller 'Olympus Has Fallen'
The actress will star opposite Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart in Antoine Fuqua's action film.
Angela Bassett is joining the cast of Olympus Has Fallen, Nu Image/Millennium’s White House-set action thriller starring Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart.
Antoine Fuqua is directing the movie, which is competing with Sony’s White House Down for Die Hard-like movie set in the White House.
Butler is an unlikely Secret Service agent trying to stop Korean terrorists who have taken over the White House. Eckhart is playing the president.
Bassett will play the Secret Service director.
The script is by first-time scribes Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt. Mark Gil, Gerard Butler and Alan Siegel are producing.
Basset is readying to direct an adaptation of the Percival Everett novel Erasure with TD Jakes Entertainment producing.
She is repped by the Gersh, Lighthouse Entertainment and Fox Rothschild.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack