Angelina Jolie's Daughter Vivienne to Make Film Debut in 'Maleficent'
The 4-year-old will appear as a young Princess Aurora in Disney’s reimagining of the classic tale.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s daughter may be following in her parents' footsteps.
Four-year-old Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, named after her late maternal grandmother, will make her film debut in Walt Disney Pictures’ Maleficent, the studio confirms. Vivienne will play a small role in the pic as the child version of Princess Aurora opposite her own mother, who will be playing the title role of the evil queen. (Elle Fanning will star as the teen version of Princess Aurora.)
“The live-action film explores the origins of Disney’s most iconic villain, Maleficent, and what led her to curse Princess Aurora in Disney’s animated classic Sleeping Beauty,” a statement from the studio reads.
There is no word yet on how much screen time Vivienne will see, though the role is said to be very minor, or whether her twin brother, Knox Jolie-Pitt, will also feature in the project.
The film will mark Jolie’s first acting gig in two years and it was her children, in fact, that pushed her to pursue the project. In December she told THR her children want her to make the movie and even call her "mom-elicent." She was also eager to make a live-action family film after her experience voicing the Kung Fu Panda franchise.
Should Vivienne eventually pursue a career in acting, she will join a continuing line of family stardom. Jolie got her start in Hollywood with the help of her own father, actor Jon Voight.
Maleficent is scheduled to hit theaters in March 2014.
Pamela McClintock contributed to this report.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!