'Anonymous' Writer Tapped to Pen Bryan Singer's 'Battlestar Galactica'
Screenwriter John Orloff is in talks with Universal for the big-screen adaptation of the beloved '70s TV series.
Even as Bryan Singer is in post on his tentpole fantasy, New Line's Jack the Giant Killer, another of his projects is making strides forward.
Universal is in negotiations to hire John Orloff, who wrote the new non-disaster Roland Emmerich movie Anonymous, to pen the screenplay for the big-screen version of Battlestar Galactica, which is based on the well-remembered 1970s TV series.
The movie has no connection to the recent TV series and is relaunching the story of far-flung humans searching for a long-lost colony on a planet named Earth while being chased by a race of robots known as Cylons.
Orloff also wrote Zack Snyder’s animated movie Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga-hoole and A Mighty Heart.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother