'Anonymous' Writer Tapped to Pen Bryan Singer's 'Battlestar Galactica'
Screenwriter John Orloff is in talks with Universal for the big-screen adaptation of the beloved '70s TV series.
Even as Bryan Singer is in post on his tentpole fantasy, New Line's Jack the Giant Killer, another of his projects is making strides forward.
Universal is in negotiations to hire John Orloff, who wrote the new non-disaster Roland Emmerich movie Anonymous, to pen the screenplay for the big-screen version of Battlestar Galactica, which is based on the well-remembered 1970s TV series.
The movie has no connection to the recent TV series and is relaunching the story of far-flung humans searching for a long-lost colony on a planet named Earth while being chased by a race of robots known as Cylons.
Orloff also wrote Zack Snyder’s animated movie Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga-hoole and A Mighty Heart.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game