'Anonymous' Writer Tapped to Pen Bryan Singer's 'Battlestar Galactica'
Screenwriter John Orloff is in talks with Universal for the big-screen adaptation of the beloved '70s TV series.
Even as Bryan Singer is in post on his tentpole fantasy, New Line's Jack the Giant Killer, another of his projects is making strides forward.
Universal is in negotiations to hire John Orloff, who wrote the new non-disaster Roland Emmerich movie Anonymous, to pen the screenplay for the big-screen version of Battlestar Galactica, which is based on the well-remembered 1970s TV series.
The movie has no connection to the recent TV series and is relaunching the story of far-flung humans searching for a long-lost colony on a planet named Earth while being chased by a race of robots known as Cylons.
Orloff also wrote Zack Snyder’s animated movie Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga-hoole and A Mighty Heart.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch