'Anonymous' Writer Tapped to Pen Bryan Singer's 'Battlestar Galactica'
Screenwriter John Orloff is in talks with Universal for the big-screen adaptation of the beloved '70s TV series.
Even as Bryan Singer is in post on his tentpole fantasy, New Line's Jack the Giant Killer, another of his projects is making strides forward.
Universal is in negotiations to hire John Orloff, who wrote the new non-disaster Roland Emmerich movie Anonymous, to pen the screenplay for the big-screen version of Battlestar Galactica, which is based on the well-remembered 1970s TV series.
The movie has no connection to the recent TV series and is relaunching the story of far-flung humans searching for a long-lost colony on a planet named Earth while being chased by a race of robots known as Cylons.
Orloff also wrote Zack Snyder’s animated movie Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga-hoole and A Mighty Heart.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'