'Anonymous' Writer Tapped to Pen Bryan Singer's 'Battlestar Galactica'
Screenwriter John Orloff is in talks with Universal for the big-screen adaptation of the beloved '70s TV series.
Even as Bryan Singer is in post on his tentpole fantasy, New Line's Jack the Giant Killer, another of his projects is making strides forward.
Universal is in negotiations to hire John Orloff, who wrote the new non-disaster Roland Emmerich movie Anonymous, to pen the screenplay for the big-screen version of Battlestar Galactica, which is based on the well-remembered 1970s TV series.
The movie has no connection to the recent TV series and is relaunching the story of far-flung humans searching for a long-lost colony on a planet named Earth while being chased by a race of robots known as Cylons.
Orloff also wrote Zack Snyder’s animated movie Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga-hoole and A Mighty Heart.
Follow Heat Vision
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'