Anthony Head to Play Chiron in 'Percy Jackson' Sequel
The former "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star replaces Pierce Brosnan, who played Chiron the centaur in the first film.
Fox 2000 has cast Anthony Head as Chiron in Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters.
A prolific U.K.-born television and film actor, Head is best known to U.S. audiences as Giles in the WB/UPN series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which ran from 1997-2003. His recent credits include The Iron Lady and the television series Merlin.
Thor Freudenthal is directing Sea of Monsters, which will be released in 2013. Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario, Brandon T. Jackson and Jake Abel are returning in the lead roles.
The first title in the franchise, Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, grossed $226.5 million at the worldwide box office in 2010.
New additions to the film series based on Rick Riordan's young-adult books include Nathan Fillion, who will play the god Hermes.
Chiron, a key character in Percy Jackson, is in charge of Camp Half-Blood, where demigods are trained and protected.
Head is repped by ICM.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!