Anthony Hopkins in Negotiations to Join 'Red 2'
UPDATED: Hopkins joins a cast that includes Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Catherine Zeta-Jones and John Malkovich.
Anthony Hopkins is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of Red 2, Summit’s sequel to its hit 2010 action movie.
Dean Parisot is behind the camera this time around, with Bruce Willis leading a cast that included Helen Mirren and John Malkovich, among others, as over-the-hill special ops agents forced out of retirement.
If a deal makes, Hopkins will play a genius scientist who was locked up in an insane asylum.
Hopkins joins Catherine Zeta-Jones and Byun-Hun Lee as new members of the cast.
Jon and Erich Hober, who worked on the first movie, wrote the script. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is producing.
Red 2 will once again pair Hopkins with Mirren, with whom he’s worked with numerous times. The duo are currently shooting Fox Searchlight’s Hitchcock in Los Angeles.
He is repped by UTA, Stone Meyer and UK’s Independent Talent Group.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR