Anthony Hopkins in Negotiations to Join 'Red 2'
UPDATED: Hopkins joins a cast that includes Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Catherine Zeta-Jones and John Malkovich.
Anthony Hopkins is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of Red 2, Summit’s sequel to its hit 2010 action movie.
Dean Parisot is behind the camera this time around, with Bruce Willis leading a cast that included Helen Mirren and John Malkovich, among others, as over-the-hill special ops agents forced out of retirement.
If a deal makes, Hopkins will play a genius scientist who was locked up in an insane asylum.
Hopkins joins Catherine Zeta-Jones and Byun-Hun Lee as new members of the cast.
Jon and Erich Hober, who worked on the first movie, wrote the script. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is producing.
Red 2 will once again pair Hopkins with Mirren, with whom he’s worked with numerous times. The duo are currently shooting Fox Searchlight’s Hitchcock in Los Angeles.
He is repped by UTA, Stone Meyer and UK’s Independent Talent Group.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Booty in Hilarious Made-at-Home Music Video for '7/11'
- Nina Dobrev Celebrates RH Atlanta's Gallery Opening
- Colin Farrell on Set of 'True Detective' Will Get You Pumped Up for the Second Season
- How To Get Away With Murder's Karla Souza & Katie Findlay Celebrate The Golden Globes