'Apes,' 'Fright Night,' 'Kung Fu Panda 2,' 'Rocketeer' Blu-ray Hit Store Shelves Tuesday (Video)
New titles and old favorites make their first appearance in the disc format.
Tuesday will be a veritable geek’s paradise at Best Buy or whatever venue you get your movies from.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which many genre-loving execs and producers around town consider to be the best movie of the year, will be released on Blu-ray/DVD.
Joining Apes are DreamWorks’ extras-packed Fright Night, which never regrettably found an audience back in August, and DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 2, probably the best animated movie of the year.
There’s the Blu-ray debut of Disney's The Rocketeer, the 1991 adaptation of the retro-skewing Dave Stevens comic featuring a jet-packed hero. (Shamefully with no extras.)
And for those with long memories and a love for cult TV shows, Sledge Hammer: The Complete Series, as well as the indie horror anthology Little Deaths, both from Image Entertainment.
I don’t want to play any favorites but I did find this floating around the Net to get me in the mood:
The short was made by Paris-based animation house and hit the Web around the time the movie was celebrating its 20th anniversary. We here at Heat Vision thought now was a good time for another go-around.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'