Apocalypse Now: 'Left Behind' Teaser Trailer Released (Video)
The reboot of the popular Bible-inspired fantasy series stars Nicolas Cage, Lea Thompson and Chad Michael Murray.
It’s the end of the world as we know it, but Nicolas Cage doesn’t feel fine. The first teaser trailer for Left Behind has been released, offering a glimpse at the world after the sudden disappearance of millions of people.
The movie, to be released on Oct. 3, is the second adaptation of the popular 1995 novel about the aftermath of the biblical rapture by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, rebooting the movie franchise that initially launched with 2000’s Left Behind: The Movie, starring Kirk Cameron.
This time around, Chad Michael Murray takes Cameron’s role as Buck Williams, a journalist struggling to come to terms with millions of people inexplicably vanishing around the world. Cage plays Ray Steele, an airline pilot whose wife and son are among the missing; his daughter (Cassi Thomson) remains on Earth. Lea Thompson plays Irene, Ray’s wife, who warns of the oncoming rapture ahead of time.
Left Behind is directed by former stuntman Vic Armstrong from a script by John Patus and producer Paul LaLonde (LaLonde also acted as writer and producer for the original series of movies). Jason Hewitt is executive producer.
Watch the teaser trailer below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences