Apocalypse Now: 'Left Behind' Teaser Trailer Released (Video)
The reboot of the popular Bible-inspired fantasy series stars Nicolas Cage, Lea Thompson and Chad Michael Murray.
It’s the end of the world as we know it, but Nicolas Cage doesn’t feel fine. The first teaser trailer for Left Behind has been released, offering a glimpse at the world after the sudden disappearance of millions of people.
The movie, to be released on Oct. 3, is the second adaptation of the popular 1995 novel about the aftermath of the biblical rapture by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, rebooting the movie franchise that initially launched with 2000’s Left Behind: The Movie, starring Kirk Cameron.
This time around, Chad Michael Murray takes Cameron’s role as Buck Williams, a journalist struggling to come to terms with millions of people inexplicably vanishing around the world. Cage plays Ray Steele, an airline pilot whose wife and son are among the missing; his daughter (Cassi Thomson) remains on Earth. Lea Thompson plays Irene, Ray’s wife, who warns of the oncoming rapture ahead of time.
Left Behind is directed by former stuntman Vic Armstrong from a script by John Patus and producer Paul LaLonde (LaLonde also acted as writer and producer for the original series of movies). Jason Hewitt is executive producer.
Watch the teaser trailer below.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'