Apple Bans 'Sex Criminals' from iOS (Kind Of)
Writer Matt Fraction confirms that Apple has banned the Image Comics series from the ComiXology app, but not from its own iBooks store.
Two weeks after its release, the second issue of Image Comics' Sex Criminals series has been banned from ComiXology's iOS app by Apple -- but that doesn't mean that it's been banned by Apple in its entirety, oddly enough.
Series writer Matt Fraction confirmed that Apple had banned the second issue of the comedy series he co-created with artist Chip Zdarksy on Twitter yesterday:
official: SEX CRIMINALS #2 is BANNED BY APPLE for sale via comixology on iOS. Not the iBooks store though. Because it's hilarious that way >
— BUTT STUFF WEREWOLF (@mattfraction) November 5, 2013
He continued, writing that Apple had "every right to decide what they will and will not sell and where," but that he and Zdarsky "have every right to mock them for it." In another tweet, he wrote "this isn't censorship, it's hypocrisy and, also, hilarious."
This news doesn't mean that Sex Criminals #2 can't be read on the ComiXology app on an Apple device -- interested parties can simply purchase the issue via the ComiXology website (where, uncoincidentally, the first issue is now available for free) and then download it onto the device of their choice.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!