For April Fools' Day, 'Pineapple Express 2' Trailer Released to Promote Seth Rogen's Film (Video)
James Franco and Rogen star in the spoof clip used to promote Rogen's directorial debut "This Is the End."
In honor of April Fools' Day, James Franco and Seth Rogen released a trailer for a fictitious sequel to their 2008 Judd Apatow-produced stoner comedy Pineapple Express. In actuality, the spoof trailer is a clever marketing ploy for Rogen and Franco’s real film, This Is the End.
The cast of the upcoming apocalyptic comedy includes an ensemble of Apatow regulars, including Jay Baruchel, Craig Robinson, Danny McBride and Jonah Hill.
In This Is the End, the six actors, who each play themselves in the film, get trapped inside Franco’s mansion after cataclysmic events devastate the Los Angeles area. As limited supplies and cabin fever threaten to tear apart their friendship, the group is forced to leave the house, thus facing their fate and ultimately strengthening their bonds.
The film is Rogen’s directorial debut and includes several celebrity cameos, including those made by Michael Cera, Emma Watson and Aziz Ansari.
This Is the End arrives in theaters June 14 via Columbia Pictures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR