Are 'Transformers 4's' Robots Prehistoric?
Mark Wahlberg, star of next year's installment of Michael Bay's 'Transformers' series, skirts the issue of whether or not fans can expect to see him fighting alongside the classic Dinobots.
With Michael Bay currently working on the fourth Transformers movie, you might be wondering just how the latest installment could successfully differentiate itself from the three earlier installments of the Robots in Disguise series. The answer, it seems, may be in what those robots disguise themselves as.
Back in May, movie blog JoBlo reported that the good guys in the new movie wouldn't transform themselves into cars or tractor trailers like the Autobots we're familiar with, but instead prehistoric beasts.
Talking with MTV News to promote his new movie 2 Guns, Transformers 4 star Mark Wahlberg managed to offer the perfect nondenial denial about whether or not fans could expect Grimlock, Slag and the other Dinobots onscreen in next year's movie.
Asked whether or not he shares scenes with any Dinobots in the movie, Wahlberg first replied "None of your business," adding "You don't want me to get replaced halfway through production for divulging secrets." Now, it's true that saying that characters don't appear in a movie is technically divulging a secret, and yet … would that really be the kind of response he'd give if there weren't any Dinobots to be found?
Of course, this could all just be wishful thinking: The potential for cinematic spectacle is just a little bit greater with robot dinosaurs roaming around than it is with cars, no matter how lovingly they're filmed, let's be honest. Just imagine the potential tagline for the movie: Transformers 4: Robots in Very Poorly Thought Out Disguise.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)