'Argo' Screenwriter Tackles George Clooney Crime Thriller
Chris Terrio will write with Clooney starring and Paul Greengrass directing the New York crime caper.
George Clooney and Grant Heslov are reteaming with Argo screenwriter Chris Terrio for an untitled crime thriller set up at Sony, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Paul Greengrass, the director of Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Identity, would direct the thriller with Clooney attached to star. Clooney and Heslov's Sony-based banner Smoke House will co-produce with Greengrass.
While the plot remains under wraps, the untitled project is set in the world of New York crime.
Many of the deals for the project were made over a year ago but it’s only now that Terrio, who became an in demand writer due to Argo, is tackling it.
Terrio’s stock has continued to rise since the opening of the Ben Affleck thriller, which has become a bona fide hit and an Oscar frontrunner.
He finished work on A Murder Foretold for Paramount, Indian Paintbrush and producer Steve Zaillian and is also writing the English-language remake of the French thriller Tell No One for Warner Bros.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Selena Gomez Stuns in Two Totally Different Looks at Leonardo DiCaprio's Foundation Gala
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings Girlfriend Toni Garrn to His Foundation Gala, Raises $25 Million to Protect the Earth!
- Mariah Carey Supports Pal Brett Ratner at 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!