'Argo' Screenwriter Tackles George Clooney Crime Thriller
Chris Terrio will write with Clooney starring and Paul Greengrass directing the New York crime caper.
George Clooney and Grant Heslov are reteaming with Argo screenwriter Chris Terrio for an untitled crime thriller set up at Sony, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Paul Greengrass, the director of Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Identity, would direct the thriller with Clooney attached to star. Clooney and Heslov's Sony-based banner Smoke House will co-produce with Greengrass.
While the plot remains under wraps, the untitled project is set in the world of New York crime.
Many of the deals for the project were made over a year ago but it’s only now that Terrio, who became an in demand writer due to Argo, is tackling it.
Terrio’s stock has continued to rise since the opening of the Ben Affleck thriller, which has become a bona fide hit and an Oscar frontrunner.
He finished work on A Murder Foretold for Paramount, Indian Paintbrush and producer Steve Zaillian and is also writing the English-language remake of the French thriller Tell No One for Warner Bros.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty