'Argo' Screenwriter Tackles George Clooney Crime Thriller
Chris Terrio will write with Clooney starring and Paul Greengrass directing the New York crime caper.
George Clooney and Grant Heslov are reteaming with Argo screenwriter Chris Terrio for an untitled crime thriller set up at Sony, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Paul Greengrass, the director of Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Identity, would direct the thriller with Clooney attached to star. Clooney and Heslov's Sony-based banner Smoke House will co-produce with Greengrass.
While the plot remains under wraps, the untitled project is set in the world of New York crime.
Many of the deals for the project were made over a year ago but it’s only now that Terrio, who became an in demand writer due to Argo, is tackling it.
Terrio’s stock has continued to rise since the opening of the Ben Affleck thriller, which has become a bona fide hit and an Oscar frontrunner.
He finished work on A Murder Foretold for Paramount, Indian Paintbrush and producer Steve Zaillian and is also writing the English-language remake of the French thriller Tell No One for Warner Bros.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images