Armie Hammer to Star Opposite Tom Cruise in 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
Guy Ritchie is directing the update of the classic 1960s spy series.
Armie Hammer is building an impressive list of co-stars.
Hammer, who stars opposite Johnny Depp in this summer’s The Lone Ranger, now joins Tom Cruise in Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Guy Ritchie is on board to direct the Warner Bros. movie, which had a heck of a time finding its leads.
Cruise’s boarding in March gave life to the project at the last second, as Ritchie was close to picking another movie to direct.
U.N.C.L.E., created in the 1960s during the Cold War, featured the spy adventures of American agent Napoleon Solo and Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin.
Robert Vaughn and David McCallum played the roles of the American and Soviet agents, respectively. Hammer will play McCallum to Cruise’s Vaughn.
Hammer caught Hollywood’s eye when he played the Winklevoss twins in David Fincher’s The Social Network.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag