Armie Hammer to Star Opposite Tom Cruise in 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
Guy Ritchie is directing the update of the classic 1960s spy series.
Armie Hammer is building an impressive list of co-stars.
Hammer, who stars opposite Johnny Depp in this summer’s The Lone Ranger, now joins Tom Cruise in Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Guy Ritchie is on board to direct the Warner Bros. movie, which had a heck of a time finding its leads.
Cruise’s boarding in March gave life to the project at the last second, as Ritchie was close to picking another movie to direct.
U.N.C.L.E., created in the 1960s during the Cold War, featured the spy adventures of American agent Napoleon Solo and Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin.
Robert Vaughn and David McCallum played the roles of the American and Soviet agents, respectively. Hammer will play McCallum to Cruise’s Vaughn.
Hammer caught Hollywood’s eye when he played the Winklevoss twins in David Fincher’s The Social Network.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!