Armie Hammer to Star Opposite Tom Cruise in 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
Guy Ritchie is directing the update of the classic 1960s spy series.
Armie Hammer is building an impressive list of co-stars.
Hammer, who stars opposite Johnny Depp in this summer’s The Lone Ranger, now joins Tom Cruise in Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Guy Ritchie is on board to direct the Warner Bros. movie, which had a heck of a time finding its leads.
Cruise’s boarding in March gave life to the project at the last second, as Ritchie was close to picking another movie to direct.
U.N.C.L.E., created in the 1960s during the Cold War, featured the spy adventures of American agent Napoleon Solo and Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin.
Robert Vaughn and David McCallum played the roles of the American and Soviet agents, respectively. Hammer will play McCallum to Cruise’s Vaughn.
Hammer caught Hollywood’s eye when he played the Winklevoss twins in David Fincher’s The Social Network.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm