Arnold Schwarzenegger to Star in Zombie Film 'Maggie'
The former California governor has signed on to the Black List script.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to fight zombies.
The action star and former California governor will star in Maggie, a Black List script from John Scott 3 about a father whose daughter is infected by a walking-dead virus that has spread across the country.
Commercial director Henry Hobson will helm the film, and production will start in the fall.
Schwarzenegger is also set to star in David Ayer's Breacher and Mikael Hafstrom's Escape Plan, which is set to be released on October 18.
Schwarzenegger is also starring in the third Expendables film and reprising his role in the fifth Terminator film, which is set to start production at the beginning of next year.
He recently sold the bodybuilding drama Pump to Showtime.
The former California governor will also produce Maggie with Pierre-Ange Le Pogam, Matt Baer, Trevor Kaufman, Colin Bates and Joey Tufaro.
The movie will be executive produced by Bill Johnson, Jim Seibel, Ara Keshishian, Hubert Gibbs, Claudia Bluemhuber and Scott 3.
Schwarzenegger is represented by CAA.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty