Arnold Schwarzenegger Starring in Action Movie 'Ten'
Open Road Films picks up domestic rights for the movie, which is written by Skip Woods and will be directed by David Ayer.
Arnold Schwarzenegger continues his return to action movies with Ten, a project from screenwriter Skip Woods and director David Ayer.
Bill Block’s QED International is financing the project; Open Road Films, headed by Tom Ortenberg, will distribute in the U.S.
Ten revolves around the members of an elite DEA task force who depart from their usual operations and steal millions from a drug cartel safe house. Just when the team thinks they got away with it, someone begins to take out them out one by one.
Block, Paul Hanson, Joe Roth, Palak Patel and Al Ruddy are producing. Alex Ott of Ayer’s Crave Films will executive produce.
Schwarzenegger’s casting puts the project on the runway after several years of development. Bruce Willis and Patrick Alessandrin (District 13: Ultimatum) once were attached to star and direct, respectively.
Schwarzenegger is filming The Tomb and will appear in The Expendables 2, which will be released in August. The first movie in which he toplines since his return to acting will be The Last Stand, opening Jan. 18. He is repped by CAA and Bloom Hergott.
CAA-repped Ayer, known initially as a screenwriter with credits including Training Day under his belt, made his directorial debut with 2005’s gritty crime drama Harsh Times. Open Road is releasing his latest film, End of Watch, on Sept. 28.
Woods' credits include Swordfish, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the upcoming sequel A Good Day to Die Hard.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws