Ashley Bell Back for 'Last Exorcism 2'
The actress has also nabbed a role in the indie film "Chasing Shakespeare."
The Last Exorcism star Ashley Bell apparently has more demons to expel. The actress is in final negotiations to return for the sequel, tentatively titled The Last Exorcism 2, for Strike Entertainment. At the same time, she has also been cast in the indie film Chasing Shakespeare.
The Exorcism sequel was written by Damien Chazelle, and Strike's Eric Newman, Gabrielle Neimand and Marc Abraham are producing. The first film, directed by Daniel Stamm, grossed $67.7 million worldwide last August on a budget of a few million dollars.
Shakespeare, which is about to begin filming in Texas, is a love story between a young African-American man and a Native American girl with a passion for Shakespeare. Bell will co-star as a fellow actress who meets the girl at an audition for Hamlet and becomes her friend and roommate. Danny Glover will also co-star.
Norry Niven is directing a script by James Bird, and Niven and Loren Basulto are producing.
Repped by Paradigm and Principato-Young Entertainment, Bell most recently starred in The Day, which had its world premiere in the Midnight Madness section of the Toronto International Film Festival. WWE Studios picked up U.S. rights to the film after its first screening.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Soon You’ll Have to Ask Taylor Swift Permission to Say ‘This Sick Beat’
- What Should I Watch Until You’re the Worst Comes Back? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Begins Filming With Cast Full of People Who Haven’t Dropped Out Yet
- Chiwetel Ejiofor and Margot Robbie Discuss the Postapocalyptic Z for Zachariah
- Jennifer Lawrence Goes Makeup Free & Natural For Doctor's Appointment
- Bruce Jenner Will Document His 'Journey' on New Docu-Series (Report)
- Amal Clooney Was Asked Fashion Questions While Representing Armenia in Genocide Trial
- Dominos 'Fifty Shades of Grey'-Esque Ad In the Spotlight For It's S&M Content