Ashley Judd Joining Shailene Woodley in 'Divergent' (Exclusive)
The actress, who mulled a Senate run, will play Woodley's mother in the adaptation of the Veronica Roth book.
Ashley Judd has nabbed one of the last major roles in Divergent, Summit/Lionsgate’s adaptation of the best-selling book by Veronica Roth.
The movie began shooting earlier this week in Chicago with Neil Burger in the director’s chair.
Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet and Theo James topline the movie, which is set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities. A young woman (Woodley) finds out she is not a member of any group and must risk all to stop a war between the factions.
Judd will play Woodley’s mother, who watches her two children join other factions.
Judd, who recently mulled a run for Senate, currently can be seen in Olympus Has Fallen, the surprise hit action movie with Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart.
She also has directed one of the five shorts for Lifetime’s Call Me Crazy, produced by Jennifer Aniston and Kristin Hahn, which premieres April 20.
Judd is repped by WME and Gang, Tyre.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer