Ashley Judd Joining Shailene Woodley in 'Divergent' (Exclusive)
The actress, who mulled a Senate run, will play Woodley's mother in the adaptation of the Veronica Roth book.
Ashley Judd has nabbed one of the last major roles in Divergent, Summit/Lionsgate’s adaptation of the best-selling book by Veronica Roth.
The movie began shooting earlier this week in Chicago with Neil Burger in the director’s chair.
Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet and Theo James topline the movie, which is set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities. A young woman (Woodley) finds out she is not a member of any group and must risk all to stop a war between the factions.
Judd will play Woodley’s mother, who watches her two children join other factions.
Judd, who recently mulled a run for Senate, currently can be seen in Olympus Has Fallen, the surprise hit action movie with Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart.
She also has directed one of the five shorts for Lifetime’s Call Me Crazy, produced by Jennifer Aniston and Kristin Hahn, which premieres April 20.
Judd is repped by WME and Gang, Tyre.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty