Universal's 'Asteroids' to Be Written By 'Snow White' Scribe (Exclusive)
Evan Spiliotopoulos will pen the adaptation of the Atari video game for producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
Screenwriter Evan Spiliotopoulos has been hired to work on the script for Universal's Asteroids project.
The studio outbid other suitors for film rights to the simple, late-'70s Atari video game two years ago. The plotline for the film adaptation has evolved into the story of two estranged brothers that must team up to save Earth from an alien race.
Matt Lopez (The Sorcerer's Apprentice) originally worked on the script.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Transformers: Dark of the Moon) is producing.
Universal has Battleship, inspired by a Hasbro board game, hitting theaters in May.
Repped by UTA and manager D.J. Talbot, Spiliotopoulos worked on the script for the Universal film Snow White and the Huntsman, which hits theaters in June, and he is writing Charles Fort for producer Robert Zemeckis, also set up at Universal.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport