'Avengers 2' Adds Seoul to International Shooting Schedule
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will become the second major Hollywood production to shoot in the South Korean capital city later this year.
Alongside already-announced location shoots in the U.S., South Africa and Italy, Marvel's globe-trotting Avengers: Age of Ultron has added one more stop on its world travels: Seoul, South Korea.
Marvel Studios today announced that "key elements" of Joss Whedon's superhero sequel will shoot in the capital city of South Korea. "South Korea is the perfect location for a movie of this magnitude because it features cutting-edge technology, beautiful landscapes and spectacular architecture," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explained.
Republic of Korea minister of Culture, Sports & Tourism Yoo Jin-ryong said that the country was "very excited to have the production in Korea," adding that he "expect[s] this to serve as the footstep of many more opportunities yet to come." Prior to this announcement, only one major Hollywood production has shot in the country -- The Bourne Legacy, which shot for two days in Seoul during 2011.
Marvel teased that additional locations for next year's follow-up to the 2012 smash Avengers will be announced. The movie is currently shooting in Johannesburg, ahead of the official start of principal photography next month in Shepperton Studios in the United Kingdom.a
Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released May 1, 2015, in the U.S.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day