'Avengers 2' Adds Seoul to International Shooting Schedule
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will become the second major Hollywood production to shoot in the South Korean capital city later this year.
Alongside already-announced location shoots in the U.S., South Africa and Italy, Marvel's globe-trotting Avengers: Age of Ultron has added one more stop on its world travels: Seoul, South Korea.
Marvel Studios today announced that "key elements" of Joss Whedon's superhero sequel will shoot in the capital city of South Korea. "South Korea is the perfect location for a movie of this magnitude because it features cutting-edge technology, beautiful landscapes and spectacular architecture," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explained.
Republic of Korea minister of Culture, Sports & Tourism Yoo Jin-ryong said that the country was "very excited to have the production in Korea," adding that he "expect[s] this to serve as the footstep of many more opportunities yet to come." Prior to this announcement, only one major Hollywood production has shot in the country -- The Bourne Legacy, which shot for two days in Seoul during 2011.
Marvel teased that additional locations for next year's follow-up to the 2012 smash Avengers will be announced. The movie is currently shooting in Johannesburg, ahead of the official start of principal photography next month in Shepperton Studios in the United Kingdom.a
Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released May 1, 2015, in the U.S.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)