'The Avengers' to Be Released in 3D
UPDATED: Disney also announced Thursday that its previously untitled animated film is now titled "Frozen".
Marvel’s The Avengers, which Disney Studios will give a wide release on May 4, 2012, is now going to be in 3D as well as 2D, the studio announced Thursday.
The Avengers, based on the comic book that first appeared in 1963, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson, and is directed by Joss Whedon.
In the movie, Marvel’s super heroes team up to fight a threat to global safety. The list of Marvel characters in the movie includes Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Black Widow.
Disney also announced that the name of a previously untitled movie from Disney animation is now Frozen, and that it will get a wide release on November 27, 2013 and will be in 3D and 2D. The movie is described as a fairy tale, but the studio has not released any other details. It is not the live action movie Matterhorn or a Pixar movie about dinosaurs, which is scheduled for release in 2014.
The studio also said another Marvel movie, which is as yet untitled, will get a wide release on April 4, 2014. A studio spokesman would not say what it is about; the announcement is mainly to lay claim to that date.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'