James Spader to Play Villain in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
The "Blacklist" star will join the superhero team-up sequel.
The Avengers sequel has found its villain.
James Spader has been cast as Ultron in Joss Whedon's sequel set for release on May 1, 2015, Marvel announced Thursday.
The actor currently stars in NBC's spy drama The Blacklist and appeared on the big screen in Steven Spielberg's Lincoln.
At a Comic-Con panel in July, Whedon teased the sequel's storyline. "We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron," he said. The director also added that Ultron was "the chief villain when I read the book. He's been the Avengers villain for so long, I was amazed anyone was surprised it would be him in the movie."
In addition to Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America, superheroes Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch will be joining the Avengers team for the sequel.
ICM Partners and Ziffren Brittenham lawyer Melanie Cook represented Spader.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR