'Avengers' Blu-ray Trailer Premieres (Video)
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment releases a pull-quote-filled trailer announcing the blockbuster’s arrival on home video.
Walt Disney Studios released a trailer Thursday morning for the September 25, 2012 Blu-ray release of The Avengers. The minute-long clip offers plenty of footage of the team in action, accompanied by a barrage of quotes championing the film’s superlatives.
Written and directed by Joss Whedon, The Avengers opened May 4, in the U.S. and promptly smashed box office records worldwide, grossing almost $1.5 billion to date and ranking as the third highest-grossing film of all time, both worldwide and domestic. During the month of May, Avengers sales accounted for 52 percent of the total earnings at the North American box office with $532.5 million in receipts.
The clip, which premiered on Yahoo Movies, promises “the biggest Blu-ray event of all time,” but it offers few details about what will be included in the home video release. However, previous reports revealed that the Blu-ray will include an audio commentary by Whedon, deleted scenes, featurettes, Disney Second Screen, Soundgarden's "Live to Rise" music video and the Marvel One-Shots short film "Item 47." The Avengers will also be a part of a 10-disc box set entitled Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled, which will also include all of the previous films in the “Marvel Cinematic Universe,” meaning both Iron Man films, Thor, Captain America: First Avenger and The Incredible Hulk.
Watch the video below:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty