Captain America's Costume, Iron Man's Armor and Thor's Hammer up for Auction
Marvel and Profiles in History are selling key props from its superhero blockbusters on April 14.
Avengers Assemble! – At the auction block that is.
Marvel Entertainment is auctioning off key props from its superhero blockbusters at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo on April 14. L.A.-based auction house Profiles in History will conduct the sale.
With items from Iron Man, Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor up for sale, an eager collector could put together his own Avengers team.
The signature item is a screen-used Captain America costume and shield, which is expected to fetch $20,000-$30,000. It is a three-piece custom suit made of ballistic nylon that features the familiar red, white and blue design. The costume, which exhibits signs of wear, includes the leather mask-helmet with the big “A” on front and an iconic, round shield made of resin.
Marvel is also selling an original full-scale screen-used Iron Man Mark II “Autopsy” suit. This Mark II “Autopsy” suit was disassembled in Iron Man II by James Rhodes (Don Cheadle) in order to construct his War Machine armor. The armor is made of fiberglass resin with a metalized finish resembling brushed stainless steel alloy. The suit was designed to lie down for the autopsy scene and has a number of armor plates removed to expose the suit’s inner circuitry. The removed sections include two leg greaves, right hip plate, right bicep plate, right shoulder plate, head plate, and most notably a removable main breastplate that reveals the inner cavity and bracing elements. The estimated sale price is $60,000 - $80,000.
Finally, Thor fans can pick up stunt version of Mjölnir, his famous hammer. This prop with a foam rubber head decorated with Norse runes, should sell for $4,000 – $6,000.
Other items up for auction include a Red Skull prosthetic mask, a prop Cosmic Cube, and a working Hydra tank built on a tractor frame.
But Avengers fans will be eager to assemble a full complement of team memorabilia for less than the cost of a quinjet.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Gabrielle Union Says 'The World Isn't Going To End' If We See More Diversity In Women On TV
- Shantel VanSanten Lounges Poolside In A Cutout Swimsuit For Maxim
- Jimmy Kimmel Proves People Can't Tell The Difference Between Cold-Pressed Juice And Tang
- David Oyelowo Comes To Benedict Cumberbatch's Defense Over 'Colored' Comment
- Channing Tatum Carries Mila Kunis Away in New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer (Exclusive)
- Brie Larson & Rosemarie DeWitt Are 'Digging For Fire' at Sundance!
- Tye Sheridan & Olivia Thirlby Premiere 'Stanford Prison Experiment' at Sundance 2015
- Patrick J. Adams Opens Up About Fiance Troian Bellisario's Guest-Starring Role on 'Suits' (JJ Interview)