'The Avengers' New Trailer Claims Top iTunes Download Record
The epic Marvel superhero film reclaims the 24-hour throne from a fellow comic flick.
Avengers, assemble -- and bring along millions of friends, too.
The new trailer for the upcoming ensemble superhero film The Avengers was downloaded from iTunes 13.7 million times in its first 24 hours online, Disney announced, breaking the record of 12.5 million set by The Dark Knight Rises in December. The Batman film had taken that record from -- who else -- the earlier Avengers trailer, which earned 10 million views in a day's time.
Perhaps the best look yet at the May 4-dated picture, which features an A-list cast of established Marvel universe heroes and a few new ones, as well. Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as Iron Man, Chris Evans returns as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth is once again playing Thor, Scarlett Johansson fully realizes her Black Widow, Jeremy Renner extends a bit part as Hawkeye in Thor to a full-time role, and Samuel L. Jackson grows his Nick Fury from a single line of dialogue in Captain America to a lead part. Meanwhile, Mark Ruffalo assumes the role of the Hulk, the third actor to do so since the new wave of Marvel films began.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR