'Avengers' Posters for Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye Unveiled by Mondo
The collectible art boutique arm of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is set to premiere seven posters honoring the superheroes in Joss Whedon’s upcoming action epic.
As if Marvel didn’t have enough products and merchandising plans for the promotion of their upcoming superhero crossover film The Avengers, the studio teamed up with Mondo this week to produce the first two in a series of seven limited-edition posters. Posters featuring Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow and Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye premiered Tuesday in advance of four more dedicated to other members of the team, and a final poster that’s a group shot of the Avengers.
Mondo produced its first poster in 1998, and in the past several years the company established itself as a destination for cinephiles and collectors interested in obtaining unique or unconventional artwork celebrating their favorite movies. Commissioning artists such as Olly Moss, Tyler Stout, Tim Whalen, Shepard Fairey and Drew Struzan among others to commemorate Alamo Drafthouse screenings or high-profile releases such as The Avengers, the company produces posters in limited quantities and never reprints them, prompting an explosion of sales on the company’s blog and subsequently driving up the value of the art almost immediately.
Moss designed the Black Widow poster, and Whalen the art for the Hawkeye print. Mondo plans individual posters for Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk and Thor before unveiling its group poster. The series follows the release of Captain America posters designed by Moss in conjunction with Paramount Pictures 2011 superhero film. Although the images won’t be used in an official capacity by the studio, they provide a unique alternative to the one-sheet posters officially released into theaters.
Click here to check out Mondo's poster art archives.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign