'Avengers' Posters for Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye Unveiled by Mondo
The collectible art boutique arm of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is set to premiere seven posters honoring the superheroes in Joss Whedon’s upcoming action epic.
As if Marvel didn’t have enough products and merchandising plans for the promotion of their upcoming superhero crossover film The Avengers, the studio teamed up with Mondo this week to produce the first two in a series of seven limited-edition posters. Posters featuring Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow and Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye premiered Tuesday in advance of four more dedicated to other members of the team, and a final poster that’s a group shot of the Avengers.
Mondo produced its first poster in 1998, and in the past several years the company established itself as a destination for cinephiles and collectors interested in obtaining unique or unconventional artwork celebrating their favorite movies. Commissioning artists such as Olly Moss, Tyler Stout, Tim Whalen, Shepard Fairey and Drew Struzan among others to commemorate Alamo Drafthouse screenings or high-profile releases such as The Avengers, the company produces posters in limited quantities and never reprints them, prompting an explosion of sales on the company’s blog and subsequently driving up the value of the art almost immediately.
Moss designed the Black Widow poster, and Whalen the art for the Hawkeye print. Mondo plans individual posters for Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk and Thor before unveiling its group poster. The series follows the release of Captain America posters designed by Moss in conjunction with Paramount Pictures 2011 superhero film. Although the images won’t be used in an official capacity by the studio, they provide a unique alternative to the one-sheet posters officially released into theaters.
Click here to check out Mondo's poster art archives.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!