Marvel Sets 'The Avengers' World Premiere for April 11
Joss Whedon's superhero ensemble movie will officially bow almost a month ahead of its theatrical release.
For a handful of people, the wait for The Avengers just got a lot shorter.
Marvel Studios announced Friday that the movie will get a world premiere on Wednesday, April 11, at Hollywood's El Capitan Theatre. The heavily anticipated feature, directed and written by Joss Whedon, doesn't arrive in theaters until May 4.
Cast members -- Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Cobie Smulders, Stellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson -- are expected to attend the red carpet before a 7:00 p.m. screening.
Anticipation for The Avengers is currently at something of a critical mass. The latest trailer for the superhero ensemble film took in a record number of iTunes downloads (over 12.5 million) just two weeks ago.
Watch the trailer below:
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights