Marvel Sets 'The Avengers' World Premiere for April 11
Joss Whedon's superhero ensemble movie will officially bow almost a month ahead of its theatrical release.
For a handful of people, the wait for The Avengers just got a lot shorter.
Marvel Studios announced Friday that the movie will get a world premiere on Wednesday, April 11, at Hollywood's El Capitan Theatre. The heavily anticipated feature, directed and written by Joss Whedon, doesn't arrive in theaters until May 4.
Cast members -- Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Cobie Smulders, Stellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson -- are expected to attend the red carpet before a 7:00 p.m. screening.
Anticipation for The Avengers is currently at something of a critical mass. The latest trailer for the superhero ensemble film took in a record number of iTunes downloads (over 12.5 million) just two weeks ago.
Watch the trailer below:
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014