Marvel Sets 'The Avengers' World Premiere for April 11
Joss Whedon's superhero ensemble movie will officially bow almost a month ahead of its theatrical release.
For a handful of people, the wait for The Avengers just got a lot shorter.
Marvel Studios announced Friday that the movie will get a world premiere on Wednesday, April 11, at Hollywood's El Capitan Theatre. The heavily anticipated feature, directed and written by Joss Whedon, doesn't arrive in theaters until May 4.
Cast members -- Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Cobie Smulders, Stellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson -- are expected to attend the red carpet before a 7:00 p.m. screening.
Anticipation for The Avengers is currently at something of a critical mass. The latest trailer for the superhero ensemble film took in a record number of iTunes downloads (over 12.5 million) just two weeks ago.
Watch the trailer below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack