'Avengers' Scene Featuring Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow Released Online (Video)
Joss Whedon's Marvel epic has teased a mix of action and smart comedy, and the combination is lethal in the first scene revealed to the web.
A note for nerfarious looking foreign military interrogators: It's going to take a lot more than a few ropes to really tie up Black Widow.
After nearly a year of sending out trailers and TV spots that recycle many of the same shots and sequences, Marvel has released the first semi-extended scene from The Avengers. And instead of going to the established heroes in the S.H.I.E.L.D. stable, such as Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) or Captain America (Chris Evans), they've decided to feature Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, aka Natasha Romanoff.
It may look like she's in trouble, but Romanoff has those European generals right where she wants them; it takes a super spy assassin to be be able to be the one scoring valuable intel while tied to a chair. The action in the scene really gets started when Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) reveals that Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye has been compromised.
Ahead of a release date now exactly a month away, Marvel has been upping the promotional schedule, releasing clips and spots on a near-daily basis. Just the studio put out two TV spots, while more stills from the film have also come at a more rapid pace. The film will get its world premiere on April 11 in Los Angeles, close out the Tribeca Film Festival on April 28 and hit theaters on May 4.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet