'Avengers' Tops Fandango Survey of Most Anticipated Summer Movies
The Marvel action thriller is tops for men, followed by "Dark Knight Rises." Women pick "Snow White" and "Avengers" as their top choices.
A survey of customers at Fandango, the movie ticketing and information site, names The Avengers as the most anticipated movie of the summer of 2012 the company announced today.
In the survey, 31 percent of men and 16 percent of women put the Marvel adventure romp at the top of their list. It was the most anticipated movie among men. The Kristen Stewart-starrer Snow White and the Huntsman edged out Avengers, 22 percent to 16 percent, to top the women's list.
But as Fandango Editor-in Chief Chuck Walton notes the big winner is Chris Hemsworth. "All eyes will be on Chris Hemsworth,” said Walton. "The Australian heartthrob, who stars as Thor in The Avengers, and as the male lead in Snow White and The Huntsman, sits atop both the men’s and women’s ‘Most Anticipated’ lists.”
The Dark Knight Rises and Men in Black 3 also appeared on both the men's and women's list. But men also preferred Prometheus as one of their top choices, while women gravitated to the Dark Shadows remake starring Johnny Depp.
“It’s clear from the Fandango survey that there’s something for both men and women at the movies this summer,” added Walton. “After an incredible first quarter, Hollywood is delivering even more spectacular choices for moviegoers in what’s shaping up to be one of the biggest summers in years.
See the men's and women's top five lists below.
Men’s Picks for Most Anticipated Summer Movie:
1. “The Avengers” 31%
2. “The Dark Knight Rises” 23%
3. “The Bourne Legacy” 14%
4. “Men in Black 3” 8%
5. “Prometheus” 7%
Women’s Picks for Most Anticipated Summer Movie:
1. “Snow White and the Huntsman” 22%
2. “The Avengers” 16%
3. “Men in Black 3” 13%
4. “The Dark Knight Rises” 10%
5. “Dark Shadows” 8%
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Into the Woods' Comes to Life on the Big Screen in First Look Trailer - Watch Now!
- Katy Perry Shows Off Some Fun Outfits & Sassy Hairdos for 'This is How We Do' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Lana Del Rey on Barrie James O'Neill Relationship: He's Unwell & I'm Unwell, It Was Difficult
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Wrote Love Notes to Each Other While Filming Across the Globe