'The Avengers': Stuntman Loses a Chunk of His Scalp on Set
Jeremy Fitzgerald went back to work after catching his foot during a 30-foot fall and slamming his head into a brick.
Stuntman Jeremy Fitzgerald had a big chunk of his scalp lopped off Friday during a stunt on the set of The Avengers.
Fitzgerald was supposed to fall 30 feet off a building for the stunt but caught his foot on the way down, causing his head to slam into a brick. He tells TMZ that his injuries could have been more severe had he landed on a nearby rain gutter.
Fitzgerald was given a bandage for his wound and went back to work. A Marvel spokesperson told TMZ, "[Jeremy] was fine. He slid briefly along the side of the building. He got right back up and did several more takes."
The Avengers is directed by Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon, and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson, among others.
Production on the film began in late April, and the film is due in theaters on May 4, 2012.
A new poster for the film can be seen here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game