'Avengers' Tom Hiddleston Talks the Return of Loki (Video)
During an interview with THR at the D23 Expo, the "Thor" actor explains his character's revival and diabolical plan.
It was a thrill for fans to hear that Loki, Thor’s (Chris Hemsworth) power hungry adopted brother, and the actor who played him in Thor, Tom Hiddleston, would be reprising his role for the upcoming The Avengers movie despite what seemed like his demise.
“What happens in the space between the end of Thor and the beginning of The Avengers is Loki’s made some very shady deals with the gangsters on the streets of the Nine Realms,” Hiddleston tells The Hollywood Reporter at Saturday’s D23 Expo.
“At the beginning of Avengers, he comes to earth to subjugate it,” he continues. “And his idea is to rule the human race as their king. And like all the delusional autocrats of human history, he thinks this is a great idea because if everyone is busy worshipping him, there will be no wars.”
And when we asked him who he based his portrayal of the villain on, he answered, “I guess there’s a lot of people in the world who feel they don’t belong anywhere and what happens after that is you have to manage that feeling.”
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)