'Avengers' TV Spots Take a 'Headcount,' Assemble the 'Team' (Video)
Disney parses out a few more morsels of action in two 30-second clips featuring the superhero collective as it comes together.
Fans moved a few inches closer to Joss Whedon's eagerly-anticipated superhero crossover film The Avengers on Tuesday when Disney premiered two new television spots. Entitled “Headcount” and “Team,” the 30-second clips feature plenty of action framed by dialogue from heavy hitters Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson).
In “Headcount,” Stark offers a roundup of the group’s heroes – “master assassins” Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), “demigod” Thor (Chris Hemsworth), “super-soldier” Captain America (Chris Evans), and Hulk (Mark Ruffalo, when he’s in human form). In “Team,” Nick Fury observes that America is “at war,” and he acknowledges the need for their partnership as footage of fighting and action unfolds on screen. As Black Widow jokes, “it should be fun,” Hulk battles projectiles in the sky as giant, heretofore unexplained monsters twist their way between buildings in a large metropolitan area.
Watch the “Headcount” above, and “Team” below. The Avengers opens nationwide May 4.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws