'Avengers' TV Spots Take a 'Headcount,' Assemble the 'Team' (Video)
Disney parses out a few more morsels of action in two 30-second clips featuring the superhero collective as it comes together.
Fans moved a few inches closer to Joss Whedon's eagerly-anticipated superhero crossover film The Avengers on Tuesday when Disney premiered two new television spots. Entitled “Headcount” and “Team,” the 30-second clips feature plenty of action framed by dialogue from heavy hitters Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson).
In “Headcount,” Stark offers a roundup of the group’s heroes – “master assassins” Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), “demigod” Thor (Chris Hemsworth), “super-soldier” Captain America (Chris Evans), and Hulk (Mark Ruffalo, when he’s in human form). In “Team,” Nick Fury observes that America is “at war,” and he acknowledges the need for their partnership as footage of fighting and action unfolds on screen. As Black Widow jokes, “it should be fun,” Hulk battles projectiles in the sky as giant, heretofore unexplained monsters twist their way between buildings in a large metropolitan area.
Watch the “Headcount” above, and “Team” below. The Avengers opens nationwide May 4.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Leonardo DiCaprio Hangs Out Shirtless with Girlfriend Toni Garrn for Relaxing Yacht Afternoon
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Makes Her 'Honorable Woman' Screening a Date Night with Peter Sarsgaard!
- Nicki Minaj's Totally Bare Butt is On Full Display in 'Anaconda' Cover Art!
- Even Leighton Meester Uses Uber to Get Around New York City!