'Awkward's' Brett Davern, Beau Mirchoff Land Starring Roles in 'Born to Race 2'
Alex Ranarivelo will direct from a script by he wrote with Ali Afshar and Steven Sarno.
MTV’s Awkward stars Brett Davern and Beau Mirchoff are revving up for starring roles in Born to Race 2.
Directed by Alex Ranarivelo from a script by he wrote with Ali Afshar and Steven Sarno, the story centers on an over-privileged punk and his biggest rival who compete in a drag race for a scholarship to a prestigious racing school. But neither can predict what’s waiting for them down the road when one wins and the other must recover, both physically and emotionally, from a terrible accident.
Principal photography begins this week in Los Angeles, with Afshar and George Shamieh producing.
Mirchoff, who received a 2012 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Star: Male, was a series regular on Desperate Housewives and has appeared in a recurring role on Heartland. His film credits include The Grudge 3 and I Am Number Four.
Davern has guest starred in the TV series Medium, Cold Case and CSI: Miami and appeared in the films The Pool Boys and Junk. He’ll next be seen starring in the thriller The Culling and Manhunt.
Davern is repped by APA, Alchemy Entertainment and attorney Neil Meyer. Mirchoff is repped by APA, Vital Management Group and attorney Lev Ginsberg.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!