Barry Sonnenfeld in Talks to Direct 'Lore' for Warner Bros.
Dwayne Johnson is attached to star in the sci-fi actioner, which sparked a bidding war in April that also involved Paramount and Sony.
Barry Sonnenfeld is in talks to direct the sci-fi actioner Lore for Warner Bros.
Dwayne Johnson is attached to star in the film, which sparked a bidding war in April that also involved Paramount and Sony. At the time, Warners scooped up Cory Goodman and Jeremy Lott’s adapted screenplay for seven figures in a progress-to-production deal and quickly set about attaching a director.
Mad Chance's Andrew Lazar (Jonah Hex, Bound) is producing along with Circle of Confusion's David Alpert and Rick Jacobs. Miri Yoon, Ted Adams and Ashley Wood are executive producers. Aperture Entertainment's Adam Goldworm is a co-producer.
The project, based on a IDW book/graphic novel written by Wood and T.P. Louise, has been described as “Men in Black with mythological creatures.” The territory is familiar for Sonnenfeld, having most recently directed Men in Black 3 for Sony.
He is repped by WME and attorney Melanie Cook.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life