Barry Sonnenfeld in Talks to Direct 'Lore' for Warner Bros.
Dwayne Johnson is attached to star in the sci-fi actioner, which sparked a bidding war in April that also involved Paramount and Sony.
Barry Sonnenfeld is in talks to direct the sci-fi actioner Lore for Warner Bros.
Dwayne Johnson is attached to star in the film, which sparked a bidding war in April that also involved Paramount and Sony. At the time, Warners scooped up Cory Goodman and Jeremy Lott’s adapted screenplay for seven figures in a progress-to-production deal and quickly set about attaching a director.
Mad Chance's Andrew Lazar (Jonah Hex, Bound) is producing along with Circle of Confusion's David Alpert and Rick Jacobs. Miri Yoon, Ted Adams and Ashley Wood are executive producers. Aperture Entertainment's Adam Goldworm is a co-producer.
The project, based on a IDW book/graphic novel written by Wood and T.P. Louise, has been described as “Men in Black with mythological creatures.” The territory is familiar for Sonnenfeld, having most recently directed Men in Black 3 for Sony.
He is repped by WME and attorney Melanie Cook.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project
- Renee Zellweger Breaks Silence on New Look: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'