'Batman: The Dark Knight Returns' Due on Blu-ray, DVD in September
Warner Premiere is set to release an adaptation of Frank Miller's iconic 1980s miniseries featuring Peter Weller ("Robocop") as the voice of the Caped Crusader.
As Christopher Nolan’s series of Batman films comes to a close, Warner Bros. is determined to see the character’s saga continue on the small screen. On September 25, Warner Home Video is releasing the feature-length animated adventure Batman: The Dark Knight Returns via its direct-to-DVD imprint, Warner Premiere.
Borrowing its name from the iconic 1980s miniseries The Dark Knight Returns, the film promises a faithful recreation of Frank Miller’s grim re-imagining of the hero as a grizzled fiftysomething who's called back into action after Harvey Dent/ Two-Face resurfaces. Robocop star Peter Weller is set to provide the voice for Batman/ Bruce Wayne, and DC Universe veteran Wade Williams as Two-Face.
The Blu-ray features more than two hours of content, including the following materials:
• Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
• Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
• Featurette – “Her Name is Carrie … Her Role is Robin” – An all-new featurette. Experience the role of Robin, through the eyes of a female warrior.
• Featurette – “Batman and Me: The Bob Kane Story” – A documentary comprehensively chronicling the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
• Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Two-Face, Parts 1 and 2.
• Digital Comic – “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns” (digital comic with cover art and three full comic pages).
Check out the box art for the forthcoming release above. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is due in stores September 25.
What's Hot in Movies
Follow Heat Vision
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR