Delayed 'Batman, Incorporated' Comic Shows Teacher Terrorizing Students (Report)
DC Comics postponed the book's third installment following last week's "Dark Knight Rises" massacre in Aurora, Colo.
A panel from the delayed issue of Batman, Incorporated shows a teacher aiming a gun at her students.
The comic's scene-in-question, posted on TMZ, features the pistol-wielding teacher brandishing the weapon at the terrified teens, saying: "Everything you've been taught is a lie. You're being groomed as slaves, while the rich mock you with the eternal promise of a success you'll never achieve."
She adds: "Today we're all going to learn something new."
Earlier this week, DC Comics requested that retailers delay the series' third issue for one month out of respect for victims of Friday's fatal shooting rampage at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colo.
"The book printed on time. I'm looking at a copy on my desk right now. This isn't a scheduling excuse, we're trying to do the right thing," tweeted the book's artist, Chris Burnham. "It's not just a Batman comic with guns in it. There's a specific scene that made DC & the whole Bat-team say 'Yikes.' Too close for comfort."
The comic hits shelves on August 22.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game